Error 3802

Training
Enthusiast

Error 3802

Tried to start Teradata Manager after loading Teradata Demo, but got the following error:

Connot load profiles from database. Error 3802 (Database 'dbcmngr' does not exist.)

could some experts please help me on this?
Thanks a lot.
12 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Error 3802

Need to run "Database Setup" tool first (found in Teradata Manager program group).
Enthusiast

Thanks, Fred.
which database name I should use?
what is super user's password?
what is DBCMANAGER password by default?
what is $H-DBC-MANAGER password by default?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Tim
Enthusiast

Tried to run Database setup, got the following error:

7/11/2007 3:37:18 PM Database Setup started.

__________Setting up DBCMNGR__________

Logging on to dbc as DBC...
*** Logon failed.
*** MTDP: EM_NOHOST(224): name not in HOSTS file or names database.

Code= 224 Function= 1

Database Setup terminated.

Enthusiast

I cannot recall correctly, but I think you need to enter DemoTDAT where it says Database Name.
Teradata Employee

Yes, for the demo the default database name is DemoTDAT; super user name and password are both dbc. The first time you run Setup, the Console user password (entered once) and the dbcmanager password (entered twice) are used to create those users.
Enthusiast

Perfect!!!
Thanks, Fred. It was working well.

I'm getting the same error, but could not resolve the issue. When I go to Database Setup, I enter DemoTDAT as the database name, keep the DBC as the SuperUser, use the default DBCMANAGER and $H-DBC-MANAGER username and user account string, I still get errors in the setup event log. As a result, I get the "error 3802"... What should I enter as "console password", "user password"?
Teradata Employee

If you've never run setup before, you get to make up the passwords. If you choose to re-run it, you enter the passwords set previously.

Hi Friends,

I am facing a issue 3802 'Database '%VSTR' does not exist'

Accually i am using stored procedure through informatica .

If I use same precedure in teradata wverything working fine. If I call same stored procedure throght informatica i am facing issue '3802'.

Can any one suggest me what is reason to giving that error....

Thanks in advance......

Regards,

Bhaskar.