Free Teradata Indexing Video Course

Training
N/A

Free Teradata Indexing Video Course

Hi, 

We recorded an 01:30 hour video course about indexing and data access (i.e strategies to reduce IO) on Teradata including NUSI,USI,Join Index, Primary Index (UPI,NUPI), Full Table Scan and the general architecture. We tried to carve out the general concepts of indexing like space considerations, distribution methods, ordering of data (hash, value) etc. 

You can watch the video at youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZccmdcZu1c

Roland Wenzlofsky
8 REPLIES

Re: Free Teradata Indexing Video Course

want to understand the indexing

Is that video covers all aspects of indexing? I'm begginer to learn this code with my own. can you provide more information and tutorials over here.

What a great help for newbies about general architecture. Looking forward for the next series .

Excellent introduction. We need more high quality and free videos like this! 

Excellent post for newbies.Thanks for the share.

Helpful post for sure.

N/A

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I am planing to create a video series, each video covering a certain topic.

I would kindly ask you to let me know which would be the most interesting topics for you (but topics should not be related to the pure usage of tools)

@rasheedahmed The video is not covering everything as I basically ran out of time. Nevertheless, missing indexing topics like multi table join index will follow if there is demand.

@plimster, @alishba78 Thank you very much. Please help me with some input about topics you would like to see covered.

Roland Wenzlofsky

Awaiting for your video.. :)