Guide for Carreer in Teradata.

Training
Enthusiast

Guide for Carreer in Teradata.

Hi All,
I am planning to develop my career in Datawarehouse with Teradata.I have Installed Teradata Demo in my machine. I am confused, which tool I need to concentrate more, from the bulk PC suite.I am enough good in writing queries, SPs and Perl scripting. Can any one guide me towards the peak of the ladder by using these weapons.

Regards,
T.Ashok Kumar.
3 REPLIES
Rao
Enthusiast

Re: Guide for Carreer in Teradata.

Hey Dude,

1. First thing is list out the features of the Database currently you are familiar with. Then Compare these with Teradata and understand the differences. By this you get good hold on the concepts you already know.

2. Go through the Introduction to Teradata manual from 'http://www.info.ncr.com/Teradata/eTeradata-BrowseBy.cfm?page=Teradata%20Database'

3. As you mentioned you have familiarity in the queries, create the same tables or objects in Teradata demo DB and practice queries.

There you go...

Hope this helsp.

Rao
Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply.
As I told you I am familiar with DB queries, I have practised writing queries in the SQL Assitantance.Also Already I have gone through the Introduction to Teradata Manual and I have an idea about the architecture of the Teradata DB and architecture of Teradata h/w System.

To be more clear about my question, I need to know what are the other powerful tools in Teradata Suit, which is widely used in the market.So that I can concentrate more on those tools.

Thanks
T.Ashok Kumar.

Hi

Try the BTEQ sql. There are some differences compared to ANSI sql.

These are some of the untities which you might play with

Teradata Index Wizard

Teradata System Emulation

Teradata Statistics Wizard

Teradata Visual Explain

TPUMP and other load utilities.

I have tons of expertise in other database but new to Teradata.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.