Number Data Type

Training

Number Data Type

Hi

I am loading data from oracle to Teradata table, one of the source column having data type Number in oracle which contains data having length of 30 digits.In Teradata for the same column the datatype is INTEGER.Integer accomodates maximum length of 8 digits.

Is there any other data type I can use for this to store length of 30 digits in Teradata.I have tried with decimal, even decimal is having limitation of 18.

Thanks,
Gowda
4 REPLIES

Re: Number Data Type

We have decimals which have max size of (18,18) in V2R6 1.0.1 and (32,18) in V2R6 1.1.1
Other than that, we have Floats which can manage anything above 18.
Integer can accomodate only 2Billion of values.
Number(10) in oracle is Decimal(10,0) in teradata.

Hope u got it
Teradata Employee

Teradata V2R6.2 (not 6.1.x) supports BIGINT and DECIMAL(38,x) datatypes. Never use FLOAT unless approximate values are acceptable.

In earlier releases, possible workarounds include using a smaller field such as DECIMAL(18,x) if that will hold the actual data values, storing the data in separate "high order" and "low order" fields and combining them in your application, or storing the data in character form. In the latter two cases you may be able to define UDFs to simplify working with the data.
N/A

deleted a mis directed thread. can't see a delete option. apologies.

Hi,

Is there way to store 60 digit number other than spliting it?