Pointers for TD Certification

Training
Enthusiast

Pointers for TD Certification

Hi All,

I am looking for some good TD material which describes mainly about the TD database versions, differences and the changes/upgrade done with respect to that version, adv/disadv of the version etc.. I am preparing for TD14 certification so need some guidance or doc which has the summary of the release benefits. I referred in www.teradata.com some of the release definition but the doc is very large and it talks most of them related to system specific but few of them related to database specific or i am not sure whether i am referring it wrongly? If it's release doc what are the sections i need to refer mainly if it's database specific changes. Any pointers/suggestions would be really helpfull. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Pointers for TD Certification

My suggestion is , based on the content and context of certification and referring to the release notes, you go specific to the features of utilities, tools..db in detail. The questions may not be straightforward. Knowing stuffs in details and implementing give a good boost in confidence. So practical is more important.Also Technology is meant for implementation to serve business or research.

Enthusiast

Hi Raja,

Thanks for the details. What i meant is when i referred TD 14.10 release document for the below Topic "Changes in System Behavior", there are so many sub-topics but not all of them are related to database specific changes. Few of them are related to security administration etc.. Covering only the database specific topic is enough or do we need to cover all?

Enthusiast

My suggestion:
Personally, I do not take things for granted. Even things which I see at hands, I make sure I grip it, lest it slip out of my hands :). There is nothing permanent in this world excepting changes.The world changes, so if we can make sure that all things are covered, we are not left to be blamed for slippage out of hands :).