Regarding Certification Exams - Pass %

Training
Enthusiast

Regarding Certification Exams - Pass %

Hi, This question may have been asked by many people before. Recently I passed the basics test. Planning to take the other ones. My question is regarding what is the percentage of questions that need to be correct. I think in the basics test, It is 75%. Is it the same for other tests.?

Thanks
21 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Regarding Certification Exams - Pass %

Hi,
You can refer certification section at Teradata.com for passing marks,no of questions and syllabus.
However I can give you the following details:

NRO-012-Teradata Physical Implementaion- Passing Marks 540 Out of 800NRO-013-Teradata SQL- Passing Marks 540 Out of 800
NRO-014-Teradata DBA- Passing Marks 600 Out of 800
NRO-015-Teradata Design Architect- Passing Marks 620 Out of 800
NRO-016-Teradata Application Developer- Passing Marks 482 Out of 800

Regards,
Aravind Hegde
Enthusiast

Thanks Aravind!
Enthusiast

Hi

For all the Teradata certification exams is it enough if we study the Teradata Manual or do we need to study any other materials. Please advice me.

Thanks in Advance!
Sashi
Enthusiast

Hi,
I can say that Thorough reading of Teradata Manuals is enogh to pass the first 3 exams. however,Teradata recommends work experience of minimum 12 months before taking the exams.

Regards,
Aravind
Enthusiast

Hi Arvind

Thanks for the information.

Kind Rgds,
Sashi
Enthusiast

I used the manuals from Tera-Tom (Tom Coffing) and passed all the exams, with flying colours. I also used the practise exams on the Teradata and coffingdw.com sites.

What is the pass percentage and number of questions in teradata14 basics exam

Enthusiast

Hi,

The number of questions are 75. and there passing % is not disclosed yet, But usually passing % in TD exams is 80%.

Khurram
Enthusiast

Greetings!! I have walked through the posts in Teradata forums. It would be more helpful if some one can help me to start with Teradata certification preparation.  But, I have few below queries to start with. 

1. I am planning to do the basic level exam at first. I can see from Teradata website as, it     comprises of two exams - Teradata 12 and Teradata 14 Basics exam. What exam can I undertake which values most? If I take Teradata12 Basics , is it outdated & Will it be valued less in future?Please guide me which exam can I start with?

2. Please let me know the difference between Teradata12 and 14 basic level certification exam.

3. Kindly tell me the best material for preparation of the basic level certification exam.

4. Could you please tell me the cost of TD certification basic level exam as of now?

Thanks in advance. Waiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Srinithy