Teradata 14 basics certification information

Training

Teradata 14 basics certification information

Hi Experts,

I am presently in the process of preparing for "TE0-141 Teradata 14 Basics" certification exam i could able to get the content for the certification from Teradata portal ,below is the detaield content.

 Data Warehouse Architectures

•  physically distributed architectures, non-centralized data warehouses, Teradata Active Solutions, Enterprise data model.
 Relational Database Concepts
  •  relational database terminology, pros and cons of various database logical models
 Teradata RDBMS Components and Architecture
  • features and benefits of Teradata technology (AMPs, PEs, BYNET) and interfaces (ODBC, JDBC), MOSI, mTDP
 Database Managed Storage
  • primary index (PI, NUPI, NoPI), data distribution, partitioned tables (PPI, Columnar), space (perm, spool), storage optimization techniques
 Data Access Methods
  • primary and secondary indexes (UPI, NUPI, NoPI, USI, NUSI), partitioned tables (PPI, Columnar), join indexes, full table scans, locking.
 Data and Performance Availability Features
  • fallback, journals, node failover, cliques, hot standby, RAID1  Teradata Tools and Utilities

as per the previous posts i have noticed we need to go through the reference guide "Introduction to Teradata - 14" document ,but my ask over here is do we have to go through any other materail??? apart from this ,since the above topis will not be covered in detail in that document (reference guide)

challenge

since we need to attain 80% out of 75 questions (60 questions need to be correct) to pass the certification

can you please advice.........

Tags (1)
23 REPLIES

Re: Teradata 14 basics certification information

Great going!! I hope you have seen this link too, 

http://forums.teradata.com/forum/training/terdata-certification-in-india

You have loads of materials too here with reference to the certifications.

http://www.info.teradata.com/HTMLPubs/DB_TTU_14_00/

N/A

Hi rakesh,

I am also planning to do TD-14 basic certification. whatever  you mention is right syllabus for TD-14 basic.

could you please send me the link where i get the syllabus.

Raj_kt thanks a lot for the links ,since this is dealt with onlyBasics do we have to go in detail each and every topics???

Raj786 - PFB TD 14 basics reference guide ,also if you have access to Teradata Educational Network (TEN) go through a course - Introduction to Teradata WBT  i don't remember the course ID that document is very good all the questions will be covered from that document - All the best!!!

Download the TD 14 reference guide from the below url

http://www.info.teradata.com/eDownload.cfm?itemid=072600017

Cheers,

Rakesh Reddy G

Any body appeared/passed recently for TD 14 Basics exam???????????????????????

The name basic means basic. But it depends on experience and how basic it is. You will get some clues from the practice questions, given there:

Hope you see this link already:

http://www.teradatau.courses.teradata.com/learning/corporate/marketing/02014_tcpp/home.htm

ok thanks a lot raj!

where can we get TD 14 Student Guide from will that be available in TEN???

N/A

Hi All,

I have appeared for Teradata exam TEO141 Unfortunately I could not able to clear

:-( it..Questions seem to be ok but where I missed till now I could not able to figure it out.I paid 9000 through online.I prepared for this for the past 4 to 5 months.

Please give  me suggestions whether to take again or go through an institute and I am pretty much clear about the concepts for the above syllabus..

Sarani,

Sorry to hear that you couldn't able to clear the exam ,no issues thers is always next time.

next time when you plan to re take please plan as per the below

Learning Paths

TEN (Teradata Educational Network) (you need to have access to TEN portal - contact your IT Dept leads/Managers to get access)

go through a course - Introduction to the Teradata Database WBT 26438

or

download a document  (Introduction to Teradata TD14- 206 pages)