Teradata Basics V2R5 Practice Exam

Training
Fan

Teradata Basics V2R5 Practice Exam

I just took the practice exam titled “Test #1: Teradata Basics V2R5” and do not understand the supplied answer to question #7 (below). I think the correct selections are “dependent data mart” and “logical data mart”; however, the system states the correct selections are “operational data store” and “logical data mart”.

Would someone please explain this as soon as possible? I am scheduled to take the exam next Monday, March 19, 2007.

7. Which two can be implemented within the centrally located logical architecture of a data warehouse? (Choose two.)

- operational data store
- dependent data mart
- independent data mart
- logical data mart
5 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Basics V2R5 Practice Exam

This is wonderfully explained in the Teradata Design Manual. Check the initial chapters of the manual.

Thanks Ramakrishna for the information but after reading the manual too I am in the same doubt......

Operational Data Stores are the source systems for the data marts or the data warehouse....As per my understanding the logical data mart and dependent data mart are the ones implemented from the logical architecture of the data warehouse.

Please correct me if I am wrong :)

Hi,
Thanks for giving this informaton.
But can you tell me which materials you were reading? and where I need to register for the exam?

Hey,
Even i also have same doubt,i am gonna give exam this saturday.Can you please let me know what is the answer for this question? did you get this question in your exam?
Please reply asap...
Thanks

The answer for that question is

Operational Data Store and Logical Data Mart