Teradata Master Certification(V2R3) to TD-12

Training
Fan

Teradata Master Certification(V2R3) to TD-12

Hi,

I did Teradata Master Certification (V2R3) in 2004-05 & lost track of it (though I worked as a Teradata DBA for about 2 yrs in 2003-04).
Now I'm looking forward to upgrade my certification to Teradata-12 but not sure if I can do it simply by passing a single upgrade exam?

any idea?

Thx
Sangra
8 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Master Certification(V2R3) to TD-12

I am not 100% sure, but I think you first need to appear for Teradata Masters Update V2R5 (NR0-017) Exam. As per Teradata site, this will be available during the year 2010. However, the other V2R5 exams (NR0-011 to NR0-016) are getting retired on March 31.
Enthusiast

One more thing, currently there is 10% discount on V2R5 Exams for all. Use Promotion code: V2R510B
Fan

Any recomendation on study material for "Master Upgrade from V2R3 to V2R5" ?
Please suggest?
Fan

Has anyone taken exam for Teradata 12 Basics? Is the material covered same for both v2r5 and T12? I had taken web based course for "Intro to Teradata databases" i.e, V2R5. Since this exam is going to expire soon, and you cannot use the creadit to transfer to different track, I want to make sure if I am good to take T12 exam.

hi,
Today I took teradata 12 basics exam...Its quite different from v2r5. I read all v2r5 concepts n prepared some dumps thinking that I can cover upto 80% though there are updates in teredata 12. May be its my bad luck...I got all question from updated topics. Better dont take this exam without teradata 12 books. Even I could not find those books in online shopping too. Books will enter the market by april 15th /may...so better wait for that time with out hurry

If anyone have materials on teradata12 please share email:mokgadimotau@gmail.com
Enthusiast

Sangra's question was: Any recomendation on study material for "Master Upgrade from V2R3 to V2R5" ?
Yes, You can take the upgrade course from Teradata company. It deals with the upgrade features and some SQL enhancements as well.
Teradata Employee

Plan - Prepare - Certify!

Visit Expo Booth #517 at PARTNERS!

Innovation is critical to differentiating your company and your career. Innovation requires confidence. Gain more confidence and competence when you plan, prepare, and certify with Teradata Education and Certification. The Teradata Certified Professional Program and Customer Education are partnering to help you learn more about the new generation Teradata 12 Certifications. We'll be available in the Expo Hall to discuss information to help you Plan - Prepare - Certify.

Huge dollar-savings on certification exams and education courses plus special gifts and prizes are just a few reasons to visit the Teradata Certification and Education Booth #517, conveniently located in the Expo Hall near the Teradata Depot. We'll be open Monday through Wednesday and look forward to visiting with you!

Discount Offers! Activities! Gifts & Prizes!

- Details about the Teradata 12 Certification Track to help you Plan for certification. Get the latest information.
- Special Teradata course offer to help you Prepare for certification. Take 50% off on up to three web-based training courses.
- Exclusive Teradata 12 exam voucher to help you Certify. Test for only $112 at your local Prometric testing center.
- Enter the daily "Quotes" drawing to win a cash prize + free exam voucher!
- Register to win a FREE individual six-month membership to the Teradata Education Network Plus (TPN+).
- Pick up a fun, limited-edition TCPP gift when you visit booth #517.
- Showcase your Teradata Certification achievements with a certification sticker for your conference badge.
- Are you a Teradata Certified Master? You are invited to pick up a specially designed gift.
- All Teradata Certified individuals and Certified Masters are to be recognized during the conference opening and closing sessions.

(Discounts, drawings, vouchers, and memberships are limited to Teradata customers and partners only.)

Get more information on the exciting activities and exclusive offers at PARTNERS! http://www.teradata.com/t/tcpp/PARTNERS/
Go to the official 2010 Teradata PARTNERS User Group Conference & Expo website. http://www.teradata-partners.com/