Teradata Training - Bangalore

Training

Teradata Training - Bangalore

Hi

Any training centers in Bangalore for Teradata DBA?

Thanks
Balaji
15 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Training - Bangalore

I dont think so. AFAIK only Teradata Mumbai offers training officially.

Hello Balaji,

In India, only Terradata Corporation has reserved the rights to conduct training on Terradata database. I came to know this after I searched extensively for Training Institutes. All Training institutes provides training but they do not have the required hardware to support the Terradata system. All they do is hire some mainframe server in Europe/US/Canada and connect to it using broadband n/w connection, during the training sessions, which is very expensive. So during the training sessions you can experience frequent disruptions in the network connection leading to H/w and technical problems during the training. Thus you will not get the feel of working on the Terradata system, since it resides in a different geographical region. All they use on the client-side is simulation softwares which makes you feel that you have a Terradata setup in your computer. All these setup would be expensive and hence the training cost is also expensive. Drawback of this is that you will not get the feel of working on Terradata database. You will not know the performance of your applications/database as it is already setup by some person in Europe/US. You will not know how application/database optimization is done. So if want to learn Terradata database just for knowledge, search for the Training Institutes on web, approach them and join their training. But if you are a developer / DBA and if your company expects you to learn Terradata and implement that knowledge in their projects, please wait for some more time until Terradata Corporation appoints training partners in the country. Already this process has started. By Mid 2008, you may have atleast a dozen authorized training partners for Terradata. OR. Approach Terradata Corporation and get trained by them directly, if you have to learn Terradata within a deadline. Good Luck.

Sanjay S Srivatsa
Enthusiast

That was a prety good elaboration from Sanjay. If just learning Teradata is the goal then an alternative is self-learning. Get the demo CD and navigate the Teradata manuals. Long way but there is a way :-)
Enthusiast

sanjay..thx for the details..

can anyone advice me learning teradata as a fresher?will it fetch me a job??
i have 2yrs testing exp..but looking to change the profile
Teradata Employee

@gkippili, knowledge and job prospect are two separate things. In general, the more a person do to improve him/herself, eventually it will pay off, but how soon that happens has more to do with luck and coincidence rather than knowledge.

Teradata Express VMware Edition (free) and Teradata Express Amazon EC2 edition (pay as you go) are both good choices to learn about TD.
Enthusiast

hey there is a TERADATA DBA OPENINGS IN BANGALORE, 3-8 YEARS EXP, BENGALURU/BANGALORE
Enthusiast

I totally agree with 'ChinaGuy'. Good way of coaching new comers. Teradata is interesting skill however.
N/A

HELLO,

WE PROVIDE TERADATA TRAINING IN MARATHAHALLI,BANGALORE WITH REAL TIME EXPLANATIONS BY REAL TIME TRAINER.IF,ANYONE IS INTERESTED TO LEARN TERADATA TECHNOLOGY WITH HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE CAN CONTACT ME @ 9035186183,9739707527

WE PROVIDE DAILY AS WELL AS WEEKENDS CLASSES FOR WORKING PROFESSIONALS.