Version 12 certification

Training
Enthusiast

Version 12 certification

Now that version 12 is available, will there be a possibility that Teradata introduces certification exam in version 12?
8 REPLIES
Junior Contributor

Re: Version 12 certification

Hi Leo,
of course there will be a new certification for TD12.
The official annoucement was "new certification every other major release".
V2R3 - V2R5 - TD12

Dieter
Enthusiast

Hi,

Could you please tell me the time limit to clear all V2R5 certification. I have cleared three certification ( Adanced Teradata Certified) and preparing for the next three. Also, I want to know there won't be any V2R7 now?

Regards,
Ayes
Junior Contributor

Hi Ayes,
i think you'll have plenty of time to finish V5 Master. There are no new test now, even no beta tests.
After the new test version is released you still can run the old ones for several months, so i'd guess V2R5 will be available for about 1 year from now.

There won't be any V2R7 tests because there's no V2R7, it's called TD12 :-)

Regards,
Enthusiast

Teradata has mentioned that they would start rolling out tests for the next version from Third quarter of 2008.

V2R5 exams will also be available in parallel for some time.

Regards,
Annal T
Enthusiast

Any URL for the beta tests which are active as of now?

Enthusiast

Teradata 13.0 is around the corner and will be released in the Q2 of 2009.
The next certification track after V2R5 is for TD13 and will be available in Q4 2009.

http://www.teradata.com/t/page/178254/index.html

So, there is no TD 12 certification.

Thanks,
-srinivas

I think you are mistaken. Read the article again. There is nowhere mention of Teradata 13.

Regards,
Sulaiman
Teradata Employee

Earlier this year, Teradata had indicated that the next version of exams would be based on TD13.0 (and that was reflected on the web page). But recently they decided to do certification at TD12.0 after all, and the site was updated some time in the past week to reflect that.