BTEQ Signon problem CLI: 224

UDA
Enthusiast

BTEQ Signon problem CLI: 224

I have installed Teradata demo version on windows. I have created a user as pervez. Also using odbc I have defined as data source pervezTD. I am trying to invoke BTEQ to submit a FASTLOAD Job.
I am geeting sign0n problem to bteq I am getting CLI Error: EM_HOST (224). Name not in the host file or names database.
How can I fix the problem. How do I assign a name in the host file or names database.

One more question please: What is the TDPID on demo version and how can I get this value.
Thanks.
I will appreciate your answer.
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: BTEQ Signon problem CLI: 224

Does any one know what user id and password is to be used to sign on to the BTEQ or fast load. As per understanding this is for the client system access privileges. And how this user id and passwored is defined?
Enthusiast

While you install demo version of TD, default data source names would also be created such as DEMOTDAT, FINANCIAL, etc. Verify your Data sources (ODBC).

For DemoTDat, financial is the user id and password is also same.

Before you try logging in, did you verify if Terdata service control is running?
Enthusiast

Thanks for your response. The only way I can get into the BTEQ is by using the following command:
.logon 127.0.0.1/dbc
It prompts for the password and using the password as dbc it works.

My problem is that I have created a user as pervez and password pervez. I also created a ODBC data source as pervezTD with a user pervez and password pervez. I can use this data source to invoke teradata administrator and sql assistant, but I can not invoke BTEQ and FASTLOAD.

I want to start the bteq using my user id and password and I am not successful. The message I get that the name is not in the host file or database.

The database is started and running. Teredata administrator and sql assistant all working.
I am not sure what needs to be done to logon to bteq by using my own user id and password. As per my understanding there is a client user id and password needed to get into bteq. I am not sure what needs to be done.
Thanks.
Enthusiast

i think in 12.0 the data source is localtd try to login as follows

.logon localtd/pervez
password:pervez

it will work out