Compiling Stored Proc - VC++ not installed error

UDA
Rao
Enthusiast

Compiling Stored Proc - VC++ not installed error

HI,
while compiling the stored proc I get the following error.
5547:Internal error VC++ compiler not installed.

I installed Visual C++ 2005 Express edition. But still the error.

Could some one help me in resolving. Is there any configuration required for the VC++ with respect to Teradata.

Thanks in advance
Rao
16 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Compiling Stored Proc - VC++ not installed error

If you installed the C++ compiler after you installed Teradata, you will need to update the "CompilerPath" and "LinkerPath" settings in the Teradata UDF/TSP configuration record. The simplest way to do this by entering the command "cufconfig -i" in the Teradata Command Prompt window. This will cause cufconfig to identify the directories containing the CL.EXE and LINK.EXE commands by looking in the registry and re-initialize the configuration accordingly.

You can use the command "cufconfig -o" to list the current configuration settings. See the Teradata Utilities manual for other options.
Rao
Enthusiast

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I tried the utility 'cufconfig'. But I donot find that command it self. Just for ur info, I am using the Demo version of Teradata on Win2K OS.

Could you please give me an alternative solution for this.

Thanks in advance
Rao
Enthusiast

I am not familiar with the demo. It may not have the same features as the regular product. Try opening the Database Window program, then go to the supervisor command window and enter "start cufconfig -i". If that doesn't work, try reinstalling Teradata from the demo CD.
jpg
Enthusiast

If you installed VC Express into the default location, create a text file with the following contents:

CompilerPath:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\
LinkerPath:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\

The file should contain only the text shown. Assume it is saved at c:\cufvc.dat

Ensure the TD demo is running. Then run, from the TD Command prompt:

cufconfig -i -f c:\cufvc.dat -o

The output should show something like this:

Version: 4
ModTime: 1189876140
SWDistNodeID: 33
SourceDirectoryPath: C:\Program Files\NCR\TDAT\tdconfig\Teradata\tdbs_udf\usr\
CompilerTempDirectory: C:\Program Files\NCR\TDAT\tdconfig\UDFTemp\
UDFLibraryPath: C:\Program Files\NCR\TDAT\tdconfig\udflib\
CompilerPath: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\
LinkerPath: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\
UDFServerMemPath: C:\Program Files\NCR\TDAT\tdconfig\udfsrv\
MaximumCompilations: 10
UDFServerTasks: 2
SecureServerAMPs: 20
ParallelUserServerAMPs: 2
SecureServerPEs: 20
ParallelUserServerPEs: 2
TDSPLibBase: C:\Program Files\NCR\TDAT\tdconfig\tdsplib\
SecureGroupMembership: tdatudf

Exiting cufconfig...

Note the updated values of Compiler and Linker paths.

This will update the UDF GDO, and hopefully will allow you to build your UDFs successfully.
Enthusiast

hi,

i am also facing the same issue. I installed MVC++ express edition and executed the commands for compiler and link path (as described in above post).

Still i am getting the error 'C\C++ compiler not installed'.

Please help me ...

Regards

Hi,

I am using Teradata 13 Express (Version 13.00.00.12) in Widows XP Service Pack 3

Comiler - Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express - ENU

I am getting error like " no compiler found " while compiling UDFs

Compiler and linker path is set as -

CompilerPath: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\cl.exe
LinkerPath: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\link.exe

Please help

Thanks
Enthusiast

Followed all the instructions in the above posts about installing C++ compiler, but still same error (*** C/C++ compiler is not installed. Code= 5862 Info=0 Function= 5). Why are we not able to debug this?
Enthusiast

I found that I was not able to get VC++ 2010 Express to work with TD Express 12.

I downloaded and installed VC++ 2008 Express, ran the cufconfig command from the Teradata Command Line, and then restarted Teradata. After the restart of Teradata all was well.
Teradata Employee

I wanted to create a stored procedure with Teradata 13 and wanted to use Visual 2010 C++ Express Edition with it to compile it. I was constantly getting the "PROCEDURE Failed. 5862: C/C++ compiler IS NOT installed." error.

I uninstalled the visual 2010 Express edition and installed VC++ 8 express edition with SP1. And then followed the commands as mentioned above and got it to work. I have summerized all the steps below for quick access and follow up:

1. Uninstall visual studio 2010 express edition installation and then install visual studio 2008 express edition with SP1 from link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=14597

2. Ensuring Teradata demo is running, open the Teradata database window, go to supervisor command.

3. Type "start cufconfig -i" and enter

4. Then create a text file on C: and name it as cufvc.dat and copy in it the paths to the VC\bin folder as below:

CompilerPath:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin

LinkerPath:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin

5. Then go to Teradata command prompt and ensuring that the TD demo is running type the following command without double quotations on the Teradata command prompt

"cufconfig -i -f c:\cufvc.dat -o"

Some log like would be displayed. The the values for the CompilerPath and LinkerPath variables. They should have been updated correctly now.

6. Then restart the teradata demo and try creating the stored procedure. You should be successfully able to create the stored procedure now.