I wanted to create a stored procedure with Teradata 13 and wanted to use Visual 2010 C++ Express Edition with it to compile it. I was constantly getting the "PROCEDURE Failed. 5862: C/C++ compiler IS NOT installed." error.
I uninstalled the visual 2010 Express edition and installed VC++ 8 express edition with SP1. And then followed the commands as mentioned above and got it to work. I have summerized all the steps below for quick access and follow up:
1. Uninstall visual studio 2010 express edition installation and then install visual studio 2008 express edition with SP1 from link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?
2. Ensuring Teradata demo is running, open the Teradata database window, go to supervisor command.
3. Type "start cufconfig -i" and enter
4. Then create a text file on C: and name it as cufvc.dat and copy in it the paths to the VC\bin folder as below:
CompilerPath:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin
LinkerPath:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin
5. Then go to Teradata command prompt and ensuring that the TD demo is running type the following command without double quotations on the Teradata command prompt
"cufconfig -i -f c:\cufvc.dat -o"
Some log like would be displayed. The the values for the CompilerPath and LinkerPath variables. They should have been updated correctly now.
6. Then restart the teradata demo and try creating the stored procedure. You should be successfully able to create the stored procedure now.