How do write Insert ststement with where condition in Mload

UDA

How do write Insert ststement with where condition in Mload

Hello,

I am loading values from the file using Mload, but before insert i have to validate the data and insert. Any one know how can i write insert statement with where condition if the values are coming from file. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
4 REPLIES

Re: How do write Insert ststement with where condition in Mload

Hi,
You have to specify the where clause along with the apply statement in the mload script.
like this,
apply ins_rec where col1=1234;
here ins_rec is the labe for the DML and col1 is the column from the table.

Regards,
Aravind Hegde

Thank you Aravind. Can you please give me a example.

Insert into temp (emplid) values ('1234') apply ins_rec where col1=1234 and exists(..);

Is this statement make sence. Also in the where condition can i write subselect. thank you for yuor help.

You can only reference fields that are coming in from your file in the "APPLY" clause, so you can't do an "EXISTS" or reference tables within Teradata. Also, the "APPLY" clause is part of the "IMPORT" statement, not the "INSERT" statement.

If you need to validate your data against other tables in Teradata, you should probably either Fastload or Multiload your
input file to a staging table and then you can do all the validations you need to do prior to updating your production table.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Barry.