MLoad Error

UDA
Teradata Employee

MLoad Error

Hello,

I need some help regarding an error that occurred while our production loading was running. Here is the error message:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Access module error '34' received during 'read' operation on record
number '1361905': 'pmunxRBuf: fread error (Invalid argument)'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A fast look at the record everything looked fine. So, I removed the record from the input file (saving it for analysis) and reran the MLoad. It ran cleanly.

I went back to analyze the single record, and started by just trying to MLoad this record. I expected an error, but the MLoad ran to a zero completion code!

I am now very confused on why the production job abended when there appears to be nothing wrong with the data.

Can anyone shed any light on this situation?

Thanks!

Paul
4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: MLoad Error

Just to add to the confusion on this issue, I reran the MLoad with a file that originally failed, and it ran fine the second time.

I am working in a Windows server environment. Does this error have anything to do with connectivity, or available server space? This weeks production files were much larger than normal.

Thanks!

Paul
Enthusiast

Paul,

1) Check how many instances are/were runniing when you run your mload.
2) Which USER_ID YOU EXECUTE YOUR SCRIPT? :)

Then you will get an answer.... :)

Rgds,
Raja
Teradata Employee

Hi Raja,

Is there a way to check this after the runs have completed? Is there some Teradata table that stores the information you are pointing me to?

Thanks!

Paul
Enthusiast

Paul,

I m not sure. You can get the info from the TDBA.Please let me know if you get the info.

Thanks and regards,
Raja