Oracle Reports connectiing to TERADATA

UDA
Enthusiast

Oracle Reports connectiing to TERADATA

hi, i just wanted to know if it is possible for the Oracle Report builder to connect to Teradata.
That means that the data to retrive by the Oracle Report will be from Teradata. Please tell me if
it is possible. Thank you.

If not, what are other tools that can be used?

Thanks
12 REPLIES

Re: Oracle Reports connectiing to TERADATA

To know more about your solution,then consult us asap,bcoz we are into it for more than 3 years.
Thanks and regards
Data warehousing
Enthusiast

Hi, thanks for the reply.

We have lots of oracle reports now but it is currently getting data from the Oracle Database. Since we have now the Teradata Datawarehouse, I wanted to know how I can connect the Oracle Reports Designer to Teradata, so i can get data to Teradata.

Is it using the ODBC? How is it?

Are you using Oracle BI tool? If yes, then you can connect to Teradata using ODBC connection.

Enthusiast

Thanks.

No it is not an Oracle BI Tool. It is (Oracle Report Builder) a reporting tool of Oracle. I think for Oracle BI Tool using ODBC will be just the same with the ORacle Report Builder. Can u help me please on how to set it up.

- What are needed?
- What are to modify?
- What are to install?

Thank You

Hi,
I have been involved in the for more than 3 years,if u like to consult us,its a pleasure to help,we have got great technical experience in our ranks.

Data Warehousing is a big ocean,if u like to be a pro in data warehousing visit
Teradata Employee

Did you tried to make a link between Oracle and Teradata by using Oracle Transparant gatway thru ODBC ?

Then you are enable to map Teradata table in an Oracle instance and then, map the oracle report on linked tables.
However, be carefull, by doing this, Oracle will retrieve the entire data from the linked table (teradata), this may be a big issue.
Enthusiast

i want to connect from oracle to teradata without useing oledb tool because i have some problem so can you please give me with example how to connect from oracle to teradata
because it is very importent to solve the problem within 7 hours time.

can you please help me
Thanks
Ram
Junior Supporter

You may take a look here:

http://carlosal.wordpress.com/2009/06/18/heterogeneous-services-sql-a-teradata-desde-oracle/

HTH

Cheers.

carlos.