TERA DATA WARE HOUSE MODEL

UDA
Highlighted

TERA DATA WARE HOUSE MODEL

Hi,
My client is into banking domain ,Now we want to develop DATA ware house in TERA DATA.

Now the question is I need to decomission my existing application which is also a data ware house built on STAR schema model running on mainframes.

1) how can I replace the existing system and built a data ware house in TERA DATA .

2) where can I place my existing functionality either in integrated layer or untegrated layer .

3) What challanges i need to consider before decomisisoning existing data mart

Please let me know if you need more information and your comments

Regards
Jay

Tags (1)
1 REPLY
BPP
Enthusiast

Re: TERA DATA WARE HOUSE MODEL

Answers
1) How can I replace the existing system and built a data ware house in TERA DATA .
You need to model existing star schema design in TD and before you do it you may have to develop stage and integrated layers. Once you got your models in TD you need to work on (E) TL/LT processes.
2) Where can I place my existing functionality either in integrated layer or untegrated layer .
You mentioned that existing model is STAR schema means it is an access layer so your new model in TD should be above integration layer. I don’t know about untegrated layer!
3) What challenges I need to consider before decommissioning existing data mart
Before you decommission existing mart make sure you have achieved same or better functionality/performance/and satisfied users with TD model

All the best