The positional assignment list has too many values

UDA
Enthusiast

The positional assignment list has too many values

Are there other reasons why one might receive the error message "The positional assignment list has too many values"?

I've counted four times and the count of values in my input file, the table I create in my FastLoad script, the number of variables and the number of variables in my INSERT statement are all the same (21).

Nolan
2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: The positional assignment list has too many values

It really was a matter of too many values. I had two commas after one input variable, which, of course, FastLoad took to mean was supposed to be two variables.

Re: The positional assignment list has too many values

Hello all,
Probably is too late for NMadson-3173 but I hope that I can be useful to the people that have the sane problem.
So I get the same error message but I didn't had any SQL statements. So at first I had "The positional parameter list has too few values." the I checked if all of my target tables ports are properly connected.
The I ran the session again and it failed with error message "The positional parameter list has too many values.".
I spend alot of time to search for it and at the end I found out that I had to drop all of my INFA_tables(LT,ET1,ET2) for this session and it succeeded.

I hope I was useful.