Unity Director 14.00 & Unity Loader 14.00 now available

Unity
Unity is Teradata’s data synchronization and workload routing tool providing Active – Active database availability delivering near real-time RTO/RPO
Enthusiast

Re: Unity Director 14.00 & Unity Loader 14.00 now available

Jeff,

Need your help again on couple of more questions..

Q1) Regarding Recovery Log File, when it is set to TRUE, i does not result in sparse file. What exactly sparse file means?

Q2)Our HA status is "In Peer" with one sequencer being in "Active" and another sequencer is in "Standby Synchronized". But what is the exact difference between below 3 different status details. I found the description is almost same for those 3.

a) Not in Peer: Indicates the Unity Director servers are paired, but the Sequencer process cannot fail over. Administrator intervention is required to resolve the issue.

b) Establishing Peer: Indicates the Unity Director servers are paired, but the Sequencer process cannot fail over. Administrator intervention is required to resolve the issue.

c) Split Brain: Indicates the Unity Director servers are paired, but the Sequencer process cannot fail over. Administrator intervention is required to resolve the issue.

Q3) For the "Performance Metrics" is there any option to "export" the graph details (something like metric graph in viewpoint where we can export the details and analyze in xl graph too).

Q4) I heard that, Unity Director does not currently integrate with TASM rules, and can encounter issues when some TASM rules are in use. Is this limitation lifted in upcoming versions?

And for ex: Assume on a prodcution box, there is a TPT utility throttle rule on utility sessions which allows only 20 sessions at a time and delays the 21st one for the batch jobs. In this case, assume there are almost 19 utility sessions are in use for the batch loads, only 1 is left over. And at the same time, if there is a Unity synchronization going on via TPTLOAD opertor (which need may be 2 or 3 tptload utility sessoins) to sync some data, in that case do we experiecne an impact on Database sessoins side for the batch job OR unity will wait and do not process (sync) any data until those 19 utility sessions are freed up?

And from Paul Lapointe's article i read that "During recovery, Unity Director will also attempt to open as many sessions as possible on a Teradata system. This may result in the number of TASM sessions being exceeded during recovery."

Can you please clarify what does that mean by recovery, is that Unity recovery? and why it happens. I want to unerstand this becuase we should be prepare to tweak the TASM rules temporarily to faciliate the recovery.

Thank you in advance,

Geeta.

Teradata Employee

Geeta - Please work with your local Solution Architect or PS consultant to get these questions answered.  They will be happy to work with you directly to get any questions/concerns addressed.  You Soultion Architect will be able to engage the correct resources to support the discussion.  Thanks.  

Enthusiast

I posted these before we had him available. Thank you Jeff.