Abort sessions in responding phase

Viewpoint
Junior Supporter

Abort sessions in responding phase

Hi,

I have a question regarding the viewpoint alert setup. I have noticed that there are some sessions that are in "not idle" queue for a long time (say 1+ days). When i go to the sessions, i see that the query is on "responding" state and doing nothing. I want to set up an alert to send an email to dba team and abort them. What is the alert that i should choose here - active time, connection time etc ?- this is the closest that i can see. I checked the viewpoint user guide. Unfortunately, that doesn't give details on the detail meaning of these.

--Samir

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Abort sessions in responding phase

In Viewpoint 15.10, you can create an alert on Responding Time.  This version was released about a month ago.  Prior to 15.10, there is no way to alert on responding time.

Enthusiast

Whenever a db session is not responding, it is recommended to kill that session by DTG.

In which scenario the session goes to hanged state afterwards and it require DB restart?

Enthusiast

Is Viewpoint V15.10 compatible with Teradata 14.10?   My reporting users have just started using Cognos dynamic cubes and we've found a condition where the users can close their Cognos window and leave the Teradata session in RESPONDING state, which it will stay in until I deal with it via viewpoint. 

Enthusiast

Recently I faced an issue of aborting the query through viewpoint 14.0 where there was a bug.

The better way to do it is through PM/API or CNSTERM

Give session no within the below code

SELECT 
ABORTSESSIONS (HOSTID, USERNAME, SESSIONNO, 'Y', 'Y')
FROM TABLE
(MONITORSESSION(-1, '*', 0)) AS T1
WHERE SESSIONNO = :SESSIONNO;