Aborting idle session of t particular user

Viewpoint
Enthusiast

Aborting idle session of t particular user

Can anyone knows how to abort the idle session of more than 6 hours of the paritcular user automatically . Is is possble in viewpoint? Please help me... 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Aborting idle session of t particular user

Divya,

You can set up a session alert for Idle sessions with an alert action of abort in viewpoint.

Rglass

Teradata Employee

The key to Divya's question is the ability to limit the session alert to specific users. So for Viewpoint 15.00 and earlier releases, although you can setup a session alert for Idle sessions with abort, these alerts cannot be limited to specific include / exclude set of users. The good news is this is a new feature included in the Viewpoint 15.10 release with general availability this month (April 2015).

Enthusiast

Gryback,

This can be done with a session alert in Viewpoint 15.00.00.08

The alert details include Threshold with 18 choices on drop down including Idle time. 

Below that you wil find Users, here you add only the users you want the alert to apply to.

Below that is the alert action, Abort or lower priority. You can also log, page or email.

I have severl set up and they work fine.

Rglass

Teradata Employee

I guess we did have this prior to 15.10 then. Maybe it was just the addition of exclude.