6. When the cluster was working properly I checked the logs for the Unrestored segment files and at the max I saw the number at 4.
7. One fine day I stopped the dcs service on the Active Server 'A', the Standby Server 'B' took over the role of running the dcs collection. This part worked fine.
8. Then after 1 hour and I then started the dcs server on the Active Server 'A', and active dcs collection is started on Server 'A' and the Server 'B' goes into its usual standby mode.
9. Initially when I set up the cluster, I configured the servers to trigger email alerts. When Active Server 'A' took over the dcs collection then an email was triggered as below, (This email was triggered from the Active Server 'A');
"Cache database replication has stopped working".
The standby cache database on Server 'B' is no longer restoring WAL segment files from the active cache database on 'Server A'.
This email alert will be sent every hour unless the problem is corrected.
10. I checked the dcs log for some investigation and I executed the following command;