Can't add a Page

Viewpoint
Enthusiast

Can't add a Page

Can't add a new portal page from the viewpoint welcome page. This problem was observed while accesing the viewpoint from IE7. All the users of the viewpoint are given the same role and only a few users seem to experience this problem.
Are there any settings that needs to be changed in order for the 'Add Page' feature to work?

5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Can't add a Page

As there are no Viewpoint permissions for enabling/disabling adding of pages, there is something else going on here. Not sure if it is browser related or not. Please contact the Teradata Global Support Center so this can be investigated further.
Enthusiast

Done. Waiting for their response.
Enthusiast

I have same problem on 13.00.00.01.04.

On same PC with same browser I can add a page when using Admin but not if using my own account which is in the admin role.
Teradata Employee

Does your Viewpoint username contain uppercase letters? Being unable to add a tab when your username contains uppercase letters is a known issue in 13.00.01.04 that was fixed in 13.02 and later.

For many more reasons that just this issue alone, I would strongly encourage your company to upgrade their Viewpoint server. There have been 3 major releases since 13.00.01.xx: 13.02, 13.03, and 13.10. You are missing out on a whole bunch of new features, especially if you use TASM on your Teradata database. Additional information about these releases is available via articles listed on the following page: http://developer.teradata.com/viewpoint/articles.
Teradata Employee

I agree with Steve's recommendation. Viewpoint 13.00.01.xx was released in June of 2009 so you're missing out on 16 months and three releases of content including TASM monitoring and reporting in 13.02, Teradata Manager feature equivalence in 13.03, and TASM configuration in 13.10. And this is only the high level overviews. I would suggest contacting your Teradata CS representative in getting this Viewpoint upgrade planned ASAP.