Creating Different Operating Environment

Viewpoint
Enthusiast

Creating Different Operating Environment

How to create different Operating Environment in Teradata?When there is a planned and unplanned restart or downtime on the sytem for considerable time, the system has to do the ETL catch up once its back online.So, we want to create different operating environment in Viewpoint.

Any pointer towards the same is highly appreciated!!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Creating Different Operating Environment

I feel that since business is very important, a proper DRP should be there(preventive,corrective,detective measures), where a DR box takes care of business. Organizations should not mind shelling extra money for smooth running of business.

I think richly experienced TD folks who have been doing implementation and config can  give a better idea.

Enthusiast

i second Raja's thoughts on involving the TD folks who were involved in the implementation and configuration.

Does another workload ruleset suffice your need. If yes, then based on the usage pattern of the various users create a ruleset which should be taken during the catchup and activate that rule set when you are doing catchup. Defining the rule set definitely is critical as we want to run the catchup along with sufficing the business needs of the users. Once the catchup of the loads is complete, you can deactivate this and activate the old ruleset. 

Teradata Employee

TASM / Workload Management would be the key here and as mentioned the implementation in either a  new ruleset or possibly just a state transition in an existing ruleset. A state transition would be part of a TASM state matrix setup. Carrie has a related article for this:

http://developer.teradata.com/blog/carrie/2014/01/determining-precedence-among-tasm-planned-environm...

For more in depth understanding, I would suggest reading the workload management related chapters in the Viewpoint User Guide, in particular, the chapters on Workload Management Scenarios and the Workload Designer portlet.