Data Lab access

Viewpoint

Data Lab access

In Data lab we can provide two types of accesses to the Teradata Database (Lab), read-only and “full access” (without read-only).

When we grant access, with read-only checked, the user will receive READ access to the Database.

If without read-only, the user will have “full access” (in my test EXECUTE, SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, CREATE TABLE, CREATE VIEW, CREATE MACRO, CREATE TRIGGER, CREATE PROCEDURE, CREATE FUNCTION, DROP TABLE, DROP VIEW, DROP MACRO, DROP TRIGGER, DROP PROCEDURE, DROP FUNCTION).

Am I right?

I need to know if it is possible to remove in Data Lab, the ability of granting access related to Procedures and Functions. The client does not want users to create/use these types of objects.

Thanks in Advance

Rogerio Fernandes

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Data Lab access

With the current Data Lab product, you have only the two levels of access, so no way within the product to remove certain permissions. Will discuss with engineering regarding a future enhancement request. 

Gary.

The reason for the questioning was considered dangerous CREATE FUNCTION access for Data Lab users .

In the environment I'm working on have this kind of restriction to access, once a user has created UDF that consumed lots of RAM and resulted in a restart of the Database.

It would be very nice to have the option to control the access details in the Data Lab.

Thanks

Rogerio Fernandes

Teradata Employee

Rogerio,

I'll contact you to discuss how best to move forward.

Gary