DataGrid widget usability

Viewpoint
Enthusiast

DataGrid widget usability

Hello, I am trying to use the DataGrid widget for the practical purpose of displaying a Teradata table.

For that i need to change the column definition among other things.

I started with the working widgetopia portlet and i added one more column .  I made the following modifications

(1) added getter / setter / field in WidgetopiaDataGridModel

(2) modified messages.properties ( still not clear how this file is invoked/used)

(3) modified WidgetopiaColumnDefinition

(4) modified WidgetopiaPreferences

I am not very excited of having to modify the table columns in so many different plances, i would much rather use the jdbc metadata to reflect the table columns, but regardless i was trying to get something working.

Right now, when deploying, i get the following warning on tomcat console , and the portlet no longer shows as avaialble to use . Please advise on how to troubleshoot , because the tomcat message is not giving me enough clues of what went wrong . Is there a way to enable logging or a more verbose logging for the portal rather than use the tomcat console ?

INFO  25 Oct 2012 18:25:53,603 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] [org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log(653)] Closing Spring root WebApplicationContext

INFO  25 Oct 2012 18:25:54,613 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] [com.liferay.portal.deploy.HotDeployPortletListener.invokeUndeploy(374)] Unregistering portlets for WidgetopiaPortlet

INFO  25 Oct 2012 18:25:54,618 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] [com.liferay.portal.deploy.HotDeployPortletListener.invokeUndeploy(407)] Portlets for WidgetopiaPortlet unregistered successfully

INFO  25 Oct 2012 18:25:58,631 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] [com.liferay.portal.deploy.HotDeployPortletListener.invokeDeploy(126)] Registering portlets for WidgetopiaPortlet

INFO  25 Oct 2012 18:25:58,856 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] [com.liferay.portal.deploy.HotDeployPortletListener.invokeDeploy(337)] Portlets for WidgetopiaPortlet registered successfully

INFO  25 Oct 2012 18:25:58,861 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] [org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log(653)] Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext

WARN  25 Oct 2012 18:26:09,228 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] [com.teradata.viewpoint.security.config.ViewpointConfigLoader.load(153)] Starting load of XML config...

WARN  25 Oct 2012 18:26:12,444 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] [com.teradata.viewpoint.security.config.JaxbXmlConfigParser.parse(174)] Schema validation failed for Viewpoint configuration file. cvc-complex-type.2.4

.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'resource-bundle'. One of '{"http://schemas.teradata.com/viewpoint/v2010":supported-locale}' is expected.

INFO  25 Oct 2012 18:26:12,524 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] [com.teradata.anterage.buildinfo.webapp.BuildInfoSessionContextListener.contextInitialized(56)] WidgetopiaPortlet: Loading Build   -->   2012.10.25  18

:25:25  |  Widgetopia Portlet  |  cloghin@HPDV7  |  build 52  |  1.6.0_24-b07  |  Windows 7 6.1 amd64

INFO  25 Oct 2012 18:26:12,604 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] [org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log(653)] Initializing Spring FrameworkServlet 'dataserver'

Thanks....

1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: DataGrid widget usability

Look at the Dynamic Query portlet in the PDK.  It lets you run an ad-hoc SQL statement against Teradata and generates a data grid based on the JDBC ResultSet metadata.

http://developer.teradata.com/viewpoint/reference/viewpoint-pdk-tutorials/displaying-data-from-terad...