Enabling LDAPs in Viewpoint

Viewpoint

Enabling LDAPs in Viewpoint

Hi,

I'm having an issue configuring LDAPs connections for authentication to Active Directory. If I attempt to authenticate (using the same credentials as for my non SSL ldap connection) with LDAPs enabled, I get an invalid credentials error from AD. I can submit an ldapsearch CLI query with identical credentials and it works fine.

I am using version 16.00.00.03-b85 of Viewpoint. 

Does anyone have this version of Viewpoint successfully connecting to LDAP over SSL?

Andy

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Enabling LDAPs in Viewpoint

Hi Amanda,

This issue was resolved by ordering the ldaps connection at the top of the connection list. IMHO this is a bug as all of the other connections were disabled and the behaviour is undocumented as far as I could find. Anyhoo, I am glad the we have found a resolution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Yes, Viewpoint 16.00 works with SSL.

You might need to open an incident with GSO team to find out why you couldn't connect from your viewpoint.

Highlighted

Hi Amanda,

This issue was resolved by ordering the ldaps connection at the top of the connection list. IMHO this is a bug as all of the other connections were disabled and the behaviour is undocumented as far as I could find. Anyhoo, I am glad the we have found a resolution.