Graphing in Portlets

Viewpoint
Enthusiast

Graphing in Portlets

Are there any examples of implementing those java script graphs that are provided in the examples folder in a portlet? The reason I ask is that I am trying to bring one those into my portlet and it graphs in Firefox but not in any other browser. Is there a special place I am supposed to put the java script file?
6 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Graphing in Portlets

My company wants we to be able to grab all the session data for a specific day and graph the metrics and group them by account string. They want the data to be displayed in a "stacked graph" which means that the total height of the graph is the total for the system and each users usage is defined by the width of their portion at each interval. Are there any java script graphs in the examples that you think could accomplish this?
Enthusiast

Also there are some portlets available in the 13.10 like Metrics Analysis and Workload Monitor that use some graphs that I would like to incorporate into my portlet. Is there anyway that I could access just the web data to see how to bring them into my own portlet,or are there examples with documentation that I could use?
Teradata Employee

Regarding trouble rendering in browsers other than Firefox -- Don't bring in excanvas.js. The portal has its own version of excanvas.js that is required to work in a portlet environment.

Regarding stacked graphs -- this can be done (see examples/TjsChart/test100.htm). Don't know what features you are looking for, but we don't have a demo with balloons.

I love the Metrics Analysis graph. The demo code is at examples/TjsChart/selectable2.htm

I don't know which Workload Monitor graphs you're referring to (maybe pie charts?). The demo for this is at examples/TjsChart/TASMpie.htm. A related demo is at examples/TjsChart/tjspie.htm
Enthusiast

When I open up examples/TjsChart/selectable2.htm with IE8 the bars at the bottom show up and both axis show up but there is no data being drawn in the graph.
Teradata Employee

IE8 is not supported with the current version of the Viewpoint PDK. It will only be supported starting with Viewpoint 13.11.
Enthusiast

That's what I was thinking thanks