Hiding Preferences Icon

Viewpoint

Hiding Preferences Icon

Hi,

How can I hide the preferences icon(gear) in my portlet. Any ideas on this?

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Hiding Preferences Icon

In your viewpoint-portlet.xml file, don't set a value for the config-url parameter.  The contents of the viewpoint-portlet.xml file is described in the PDK:

http://forums.teradata.com/forum/viewpoint/hiding-preferences-icon

Stever:

Thanks for your reply. First of all, the link you posted above is pointing to the same thread and not to PDK. Can you repost it. Secondly, I had a similar post in the past and you commented the same. I have already tried that solution but its not working. I am using Teradata Viewpoint V13.03.00.05-b107. I also tried some other changes but I am not able to hide it.

Stever:

Finally, I found a solution for this. You just need to remove the following line from your viewpoint-portlet.xml

<permission scope="domain" name="SET_PREFS" description="If granted, the user can access the preferencess view" />

I tried this solution a few times before (as it is very much evident from the above xml statement and description) but it did not work. Now its working. May be it was a deployment issue initially. Also note that the config url is still in the xml file. I just removed the above line.

I would appreciate if you could still post the PDK link.

Teradata Employee