Is there a way to control RESPONDING STATE of large extracts using TASM Exceptions?

Viewpoint
Enthusiast

Is there a way to control RESPONDING STATE of large extracts using TASM Exceptions?

Hi All,

Is there a way to control RESPONDING STATE of large extracts using TASM Exceptions? i know we can use IO Physical Bytes but it is umbrella for all kind of activites like spool across joins, duplications, responding, etc.

I am struggling to find on how to control this.

Thanks,

Harsha.

6 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Is there a way to control RESPONDING STATE of large extracts using TASM Exceptions?

Harsha,

when you say control what do you mean? Since the query execution has completed you can only let it finsh responding or abort.

You can abort using a session alert if your versions supports.

Rglass

Teradata Employee

Re: Is there a way to control RESPONDING STATE of large extracts using TASM Exceptions?

What is the goal?  What are you trying to manage?

Enthusiast

No. 

If you could mention your goal, we may think of options.

Enthusiast

Hi all,

i'm just looking for a clarification about the Spool displayed in Viewpoint portlet Query Monitor when a session is in a "response" state:

Is that spool a Bynet owned spool, as a buffer ? or the ultimate estimation of spool when the last AMP sent the data to bynet ?

Since the query is over i think it is not a remaining Spool for the user and it is not part of the Spool space limit, may be i'm wrong ?

Pierre 

Teradata Employee

The result spool is not sent to BYNet. The BYNet is sent a reference to it where it was created by the last step of the plan. The result spool stays in the user's spool space until it is released by the application and is part of the user's spool space limit until then.

Enthusiast

OK Todd, 

so we experience an issue with ETL sessions remaining in response for hours (and days), each of them with big spool ...

Thanks for clarification,

Pierre