MyQuery Portlet setup.

Viewpoint
Enthusiast

MyQuery Portlet setup.

We've just installed Viewpoint V13.11.00.03

How is a teradata user mapped to a viewpoint user so I can allow them to see only their own queries?

I've used help and the administration guide.
The user has access and can open the portlet but
using tabs: admin/roles manager/portlets/my queries/config: my queries
Under 'select the systems and users you want to monitor'
Only the systems are shown, no users
How do I add users, or should I be somewhere else to do this. What documentation would explain this?

RGlass
6 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: MyQuery Portlet setup.

I am in the same situation, did you get it resolved?

Teradata Employee

The users for My Queries are configured by clicking the "Profile" link in the top right of the screen.  Within the "Profile" portlet, click on the "Teradata Accounts" tab.  Here you select the system and enter the username and password for any accounts you wish to display in My Queries.

Enthusiast

Thanks Steve, i got that. Also when i drill down to a session except the overviee tab all other tabs(explain.sql,queryband etc ) are grayed out, is there any setting that i have to enable for this too?

Teradata Employee

Are you sure you have the right permissions set for seeing all those tabs? This would be in Admin -> Roles Manager -> Permissions -> MyQueries.

Enthusiast

yes i do, though i was thinking all other tabs would appear only if the threshods are met but i am assuming SQL and EXPLAIN tab has to appear by default.

Teradata Employee

As mentioned in the other Viewpoint forum, Viewpoint only collects the SQL and Explain information for queries that run longer than 5 CPU seconds and only displayed for queries in an active, blocked, or delayed state.