Overview of Teradata Viewpoint 15.10

Viewpoint
Teradata Viewpoint is Teradata's strategic and innovative SOV (single operational view) for Teradata DB, Aster, and HDP Hadoop systems management and monitoring that enables Teradata's Unified Data Architecture (UDA).
Enthusiast

Re: Overview of Teradata Viewpoint 15.10

Hi Shrity,

I am curious about multiple 'Viewpoint' user sessions.  Right now, there are five viewpoint user sessions showing in Viewpoint.  All are idle and two have been idle for over 30 days. 

Why do we have multiple sessions and only one viewpoint server?  Is it okay to abort sessions that have been idle for so long?

Enthusiast

Shrity, I am trying add a portlet -Performane Data Collection - it says you do not have access to any system. ( even with Aamin access) . Is this beacuse My DB version is not compatable . DB is 14.10. or sould I grant additional access to Viewpoint user ?

Teradata Employee

Kimberly,

You could see more than one Viewpoint sessions running. There are multiple data collectors that get data from the system. But a Viewpoint session being idle for 30 days doesn't sound right. I think it should be ok to abort the long idle session but would recommend on opening a ticket to make sure nothing would break.

Thanks,

Shrity 

Teradata Employee

Krishna,

Yes, Performance data collection portlet works with TD 15.00 and above. So if you do not have a TD 15.00 system connected to Viewpoint server you cannot make use of that portlet. 

Thanks

Shrity

Enthusiast

Hi Shrity,

Very Nice article !

I would like to know if there are any major improvements for the Workload Monitor Portal as Viewpoint 14.00/15.00 does not have many functinalities.

For example :- Under the Workload Monitor Portal - CPU distruction shows the last 60 minutes trend specifically for the Pie chart. Also, It does not have any option to export the data.

Thanks

Pinal

Enthusiast

Thank you very much.  I will do that.

Enthusiast

One other question ...this one specifically for Viewpoint 15.10.

We are currently running Viewpoing 15.00 and our database verision if TD14.10.

We utilize TASM and DSA via viewpoint.

What impact, if any, would an upgrade to Viewpoint 15.10 have on TASM and DSA?

Teradata Employee

Pinal,

There was no major changes in Workload monitor portlet with Viewpoint 14.10 or 15.00. 

Thanks

Shrity

Teradata Employee

Kimberly,

Viewpoint 15.10 supports TD 13.10 and above so TASM should be fine when upgrading to Viewpoint 15.10. For DSA, what version of DSA you are on? I would recommend checking the compatibility matrix before the upgrade. Your CSR will have access to the compatibility matrix.

Thanks

Shrity

Enthusiast

Thank you, Shrity!