Overview of Teradata Viewpoint 15.10

Viewpoint
Teradata Viewpoint is Teradata's strategic and innovative SOV (single operational view) for Teradata DB, Aster, and HDP Hadoop systems management and monitoring that enables Teradata's Unified Data Architecture (UDA).
Teradata Employee

Re: Overview of Teradata Viewpoint 15.10

Are there any best practices that can be used to track any run away queries/sessions and abort them?

Thanks

Teradata Employee

Joseph,

There is no best practice guide for Viewpoint. But you can use explain and SQL to identify runaway queries and abort it.

Thanks

Shrity

Visitor

Hi Shrity, 

This may not be the best place for this question but your article indicates you may be the person to help.

We are running Viewpoint 15.0 and Teradata 14.0 (sles10) - soon to be upgraded to 15 and 11 - the issue is this, I have some users who are using the Myqueries portlet and when they connect to viewpoint all their details have been dropped from the portlet, so they reset the details etc and then they can see all their queries - all good. However half an hour later the Viewpoint portlet drops all the details and associations and they have to once again set up their detils ... this continues throughout the day.

any thoughts?

thanks

Jeff

Teradata Employee

Jeff,

That absolutely doesn't sound right. Please open a ticket. When you say details are dropped I assume you meant details from "profile menu" where one can associate their Teradata login information.

Thanks

Shrity

Junior Supporter

Hi Shrity,

Now that viewpoint 15.10 has PDCR data maintenance job portlet will there be newer versions of PS provided PDCR scripts (is there a PDCR 15.10 version?)

Will PS provided 14.10 PDCR scripts work on TD 15.10 ? 

Abhishek Jadhav

Hi Shirty,

I need some clarification on the Application Queries and Query Log portlets.

Query Log - From your article, it appears that this portlet is only avaiable if a customer uses the PS offering.  is that correct?  This portlet is not listed in the User Guide.

Also, does the portlet rely solely on PDCR data?  Will it use DBQL data if PDCR is not available?

Application Queries - The article suggests that this portlet is provided wih the PS offering.  However, this portlet is listed in the User Guide, and makes no mention of PDCR.  Does this portlet use DBQL data if PDCR is not available?

Clarification on the availability of the portlets and the data is requires from PDCR and/or DBQL would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Tom Stanek

Teradata Employee

Tom,

Query Log details are in Viewpoint 15.10 User Guide ch. 19. Query Log data collector gets data from PDCRDATA.DBQLogTbl_Hst, so yes PDCR infrastructure is needed. There is no PS offering needed for Query Log or Application Queries portlet.

Thanks

Shrity 

Enthusiast

Hi Shirty,

Our database is 14.10 and we want to upgrade the viewpoint server to 15.10.Will there be any impact.

What are the pre requisites for view point upgrade from 15.00 to 15.10 ?

Thanks.

Teradata Employee

Viewpoint 15.10 supports TD 14.10 so you should be ok. 

Thanks

Shrity

Teradata Employee

Hi Shrity,

we are running viewpoint 15.10 on TD 15.0.

Is there a way in viewpoint to discover on what table we are loading data with Multiload/FastLoad ?

I use remote console utility -> query session that tells me for the FASTLOAD/MULTILOAD session what are the "children" and the number of rows read from the source, but it not tells me on what table we are loading data !

Thanks & regars,

Pietro