PDCR Jobs explanation

Viewpoint

PDCR Jobs explanation

Hi,

I have recently been recruited at a company using Teradata and Viewpoint, however, they haven't installed PDCR and have another solution for archiving logs or establishing performance statistics reportings, but my company wants to start using PDCR.

As I am scraping through the Teradata Viewpoint User Guide pdf, I can't find any detailed information about PDCR's Jobs (such as Accounting Job, Info Tables Job, Disk Space Job, Resource Usage Job, ...) and how they work or what they do.

This information is valuable to me because I have to know what my company will have to keep or delete in the existing solution we have.

Is there any file/website where I can find this information? Or someone knowledgable about my issue ? I am eager to learn.

(Sorry for my english, it isn't my first language)

Cheers,

Pablo

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
Junior Contributor

Re: PDCR Jobs explanation

Hi Pablo, 

in current releases the PDCR databases/tables/procedures/etc. are installed by the DBAs using dip, but I don't know if you still need to purchase the low-level scripting part. 

You better approach Teradata support to provide you details on PDCR for your system...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES
rjg
Supporter

Pablovaf,

have your company contact their account team,

The will need to acquire the PDCR istalllation package with scripts and toolkit. The instructions are included so you can install yourself.

Rglass

rjg,
Thank you I will, but can't the information be found somewhere ?
My company wants to know what PDCR is all about before installing it.

Regards,
Pablo
Junior Contributor

Hi Pablo, 

in current releases the PDCR databases/tables/procedures/etc. are installed by the DBAs using dip, but I don't know if you still need to purchase the low-level scripting part. 

You better approach Teradata support to provide you details on PDCR for your system...

Highlighted
Teradata Employee

As already reported by Rglass & Dnoeth, your Customer can contact their Teradata Account team for additional information on PDCR installation & usage. In a nutshell, Customer use PDCR to move the data from DBC to PDCR databases to ensure their DBC databases doesn't hold too much DBQL information & has sufficient free space. Customer then uses the PDCR databases for running their analytics report.