Query Band tab in the Query Monitor

Viewpoint
Teradata Employee

Query Band tab in the Query Monitor

Is there anyway to alter how Viewpoint displays the queryband in the queryband tab in Query Monitor?  Prior to upgrading to VP 14.0, we were able to see the full queryband, but now it gets chopped off and I can't see the information that I'm looking for, I've attached a picture of what I'm talking about:

http://i.imgur.com/UYSUW.png

Action is the Key-value pair that i'm interested in, but the window chops it before the portion that I want to see.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Query Band tab in the Query Monitor

As a side-note, the full value does appear in the scroll over alt-text, but it would be nice if I had something I could highlight and copy

Teradata Employee

Viewpoint reserves a set amount of space for the query band keys as well as the values.  Unfortunately you have hit the limit for the values.  The best workaround I can think of is to export the summary view in Query Monitor.  You will get all of the available columns, which includes the query band column.  This column as a denormalized representation of the query band, but you should be able to pull out the full value from there.

Teradata Employee

It's weird beacuse in previous versions of viewpoint(13.11, I believe), it used to show the whole value.  When we upgraded to 14.0 it started showing the chopped of value.

Thanks for the response, that's not ideal, but better than nothing.

Teradata Employee

Yes, in previous releases it showed the entire value.  However, if the value was extremely long, it would cause display problems, thus we had to start truncating the values.  How long is this particular value?  Is it a 32 character GUID in MicroStrategy?

Enthusiast

Hi Steve what will be the Number above which it will be truncated ? we are not seeing anything more than 10 characters. 

Thanks

Abhijit

Teradata Employee

In normal mode, the limit is 10 characters.  In maximized mode, the limit is 25 characters.