ROLE MAPPING ATTRIBUTES

Viewpoint
Enthusiast

ROLE MAPPING ATTRIBUTES

Hello everyone

i'm new to viewpoint,

Can any one explain mapping attributes abbrivation.

cn, ou ,dc ,dc

mack

8 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: ROLE MAPPING ATTRIBUTES

Not sure your post came through right Mack.  This looks like it probably is an LDAP distinguished name you're asking about.  Viewpoint uses LDAP for authentication and autorization if you configure it to do so.    If you have a specific question about Viewpoint can you please clarify what it is?

Enthusiast

Hi stever,

yes,Example When i'm enter username and password with default domain email, td view server will check that email using Auto-provisioning ,Email was not found in teradata viewpoint.

then using Role mapping using assign to group. Is it right?, so iam asking that attributes.

Please help me stever.

Sincerely,

Mack

Teradata Employee

When a user logs in to Viewpoint and auto-provisioning is enabled, Viewpoint checks to see if the username already exists in the system.  If the username does not exist, Viewpoint will try to authenticate the user against the configured LDAP server.  If the user is authenticated successfully, the user is added to Viewpoint.  Also, the user is automatically added to all of the roles specified in the "Automatically assign these roles" section of the LDAP admin portlet.

When the authentication is successful, Viewpoint will set the user's first name, last name, and email address based upon the values of the LDAP attributes configured in the LDAP admin portlet.  These are typically attributes such as "givenName", "sn", and "mail".

Also, Viewpoint will perform any role mapping that is configured in the LDAP admin portlet.  This will identify any of the specified LDAP groups of which the user is a member, and then assign the Viewpoint user to the mapped role.  This can be done one of two ways:

1. If your company's LDAP is configured where each user has a list of "memberOf" values on his LDAP record, then use the "Attribute" type.
  2. If your company's LDAP is configured where there are separate group entries in the LDAP, then use the "Group" type.

That's an overview of the LDAP authentication and authorization in Viewpoint.  Hopefully that answers your question.

Enthusiast

Thank you very much steves, In authentication method , How can i identify externally authenticated user (ldap) and internal database user? mack

Teradata Employee

In the User Manager portlet, there's an "Externally Authenticated" checkbox on the User Detail screen.  This is checked for an LDAP user, but unchecked if the user is local to Viewpoint.

Enthusiast

Hi stever,

Will you please explain data collection service(DCS)?

I have small doubt regarding DCS, does DCS maintain both backup files and manage server files?

Teradata Employee

Sorry, but I think explaining how the DCS works is not something that can be adequately explained in a forum post.  Have a look at the Viewpoint Config Guide on http://info.teradata.com.

Enthusiast

Hello Stever,

Could you suggest me in which criteria Td viewpoint use  Y(logical) & G(global) deadlocks?

mack