Teradata Data Lab 15.10 Release

Viewpoint
Teradata Viewpoint is Teradata's strategic and innovative SOV (single operational view) for Teradata DB, Aster, and HDP Hadoop systems management and monitoring that enables Teradata's Unified Data Architecture (UDA).
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Data Lab 15.10 Release

Are you decreasing space of a single data lab or of a lab group? And what is the justficiation to bypass the Viewpoint interface? 

kvz
Enthusiast

Hi Gryback,

We want to decrease space of single datalab.

We are bypassing VP portlet for space movement because as informed above CS confirmed that its bug. But till the client upgrade datalab package to 15.11.00.002 , how we can reduce space for datalab ?

Hence, I want to know if i decrease datalab space through administrator, will there be any problem?

Regards,

KVZ

Teradata Employee

It would not be something we would recommend as the data lab size will not be immediately updated as it will be waiting on one of the collectors to run and pick up the new size. However as a work-around to the aforementioned issue, it should be ok. Get that upgrade done as soon as possible as you are also missing some great new functionality. 

Makes one wonder how extensive the testing is for the viewpoint portlets. We have also encountered this issue. To my mind it looks like afunction probably has validation around  <= to lab size remaining instead of >=(as in dont allow me reduce by more than remaining and in this case it is saying dont allow me reduce by less than whats remaining i.e. will never work) and to my mind there should have been a patch released for the existing version (.07 as mentioned). We will now also have to upgrade but I always fear new bugs in these scenarios.

Highlighted

This chain also refers to datalab version but I think its viewpoint versions that really matter here.  Its a viewpoint portlet for moving space that the bug is effectively present in , at least thats what it looks like to me , so perhaps a viewpoint upgrade is the solution here?