Teradata Viewpoint 14.10 Release

Viewpoint
Teradata Viewpoint is Teradata's strategic and innovative SOV (single operational view) for Teradata DB, Aster, and HDP Hadoop systems management and monitoring that enables Teradata's Unified Data Architecture (UDA).

Re: Teradata Viewpoint 14.10 Release

Hello Shrity,

Very nice article.

Shank. 

Teradata Employee

Thanks Shank !!

Enthusiast

Hi,

Can you advise if there are likely to be any issues with using Viewpoint 14.10 against a Teradata 13.10 RDBMS? I know that certain new features will not work, but will all previous functionality from Viewpoint 14.00 still be available?

Is there a documented process, available to Teradata customers, that explains how to setup Viewpoint clustering? Do both systems have to be the exact same patch versions for clustering to work?

Teradata Employee

Mark,

Viewpoint 14.10 supports TD 12.00 and above so you should be good. Your understanding is correct you will not be able to leverage new TD 14.10 specific features but it is compatible with lower version of TD.

You can find Viewpoint Cluster setup information in Configuration guide.. Checkout

http://developer.teradata.com/viewpoint/reference/config-guide

I recommend you discuss with your local CSR before implementing.

Enthusiast

Thank you for the confirmation. We will engage with our local Teradata team.

Hello Shrity

Please do post smiliar articles on TASM and DataMover. Your article about Viewpoint I find it very helpful.

Thanks

Shank

Not applicable

Thank you for the confirmation.

Teradata Employee

Hi Shrity,

We are on 14.10. Can you tell me the correct "with lock" option statement use used in the DBQL query logging statement. I am using the following Query Logging statement but it will not recognize any WITH LOCK option.

REPLACE QUERY LOGGING WITH STEPINFO, SQL, OBJECTS LIMIT SQLTEXT=200 ON ALL;

When Viewpoint 14.10 is used with Teradata Database 14.10 the Lock Info collector uses the data written to the DBQL Lock Log table to capture lock information therefore DBQL query logging must be enabled with the “WITH LOCK” option.

Thank you

Teradata Employee

Below is the SQL...

REPLACE QUERY LOGGING WITH LOCK = n on all;

LOCK=n     log any lock contention that exceeds n centiseconds

in XML format in DBQLXMLLOCKTbl. Minimum acceptable

value for n is 5.

For most of the SQL you can use below BTEQ SQL to know the syntax

help 'sql <SQL>';

In this case it's 

help 'sql replace query logging';

Enthusiast

Hi Shrity,

W are on viewpoint 14.10 version. Our Teradata machine is on 13.10. Ours is a multitenant environment and hence the DB space usage alerts will need to be sentto specific users. When I try to include or exclude the databases  from the alerts, it gives me a description in the alert (like the one I have mentioned below)

ERROR:UNKNOWN:database name is low on space!

Event Timestamp: 2014-06-13T12:08:07.150-04:00

Database Name=BAKTHRO

Space Used Percentage=69.573845

Max Space Used Percentage=78.10744

Current Spool Space=0.0

Peak Spool Space=0.0

Description: (Space Used Percentage > 60.0 and (Database Name = BAKTHRO or Database Name = BAKTHRO_TEST))

Can I avoid the "(Database Name = BAKTHRO or Database Name = BAKTHRO_TEST)" being mentioned in the description? When I have many DBs excluded/included....it is added as a part of the description and I doesn't look good in the alert.