Teradata Viewpoint 14.10 Release

Viewpoint
Teradata Viewpoint is Teradata's strategic and innovative SOV (single operational view) for Teradata DB, Aster, and HDP Hadoop systems management and monitoring that enables Teradata's Unified Data Architecture (UDA).
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Viewpoint 14.10 Release

Hi Roopalini,

Today you cannot exclude description from Alert e-mail. The feature to exclude description from Alert e-mail is on our roadmap. (VP-25801)

Thanks

Shrity

Enthusiast

Hi Shrity,

Nice article.  Thanks much!

I hope 50%of basic query tuning will be automatically handled by Stats Manager now.

Could you please let me know

1). What are the drawbacks of enabling DBQLXMLPLAN AND STATSUSAGE LOGGING? 

2). Drawbacks of enabling USECOUNT ?  

Learnt from one of my friend that, we can never do end logging (of USECOUNT once enabled)?

NTA 3532.  

3). Consider a scenario, For example, if in my environment, 

STATS are defined wrongly on almost all the columns (single and multi column).

Single column stats col1, col2, col4, col5, col6, col10.

Multi columns stats are ( col1, col2, col5); (col2, col4, col6, col10); (col2,col4,col5, col6, col10);

1). The doc says, Unused stats will be identified as unused stats.   

2). How about the multi column stats?  Will they be identified as unused?

Does it checks for the entire combination as well?

Any suggestions/recommendations that needs to be taken care before enabling STATSMANAGER are higly appreciated.

Thank you!

Teradata Employee

Thanks Sravan.

I would suggest you look at orange book for recommendations and pros and cons of enabling certain logging. It very well describes the best practice of Auto Stats.

Orange Book - Automated Statistics Management, 541-0009628

Re: Will Auto Stats identify Multi-Column stats as unused stats..?

The answer is yes....

Thanks

Shrity

Teradata Employee

Hi Shirty,

I am using a stats manager portlet for automation and tried automating the job for one of my schema. Initially when i created a collect job and Scheduled it to run everyday it ran fine. But for lst 3-4 days it was failing with the strange error ,

Unable to synchronize SystemId: 10 | id: 9 with Teradata on 'CollectJob:11'!

Today when i was just debugging for this error, it just clicked in my mind that i had dropped some backup table from this schema and those where included in the stats jobs which did not help the stats job to execute properly. I went ahead and edited the job and removed the tables which i dropped after which i ran the job and it was succesfully(Waiting for the next scheduled run).

Just wanted to know that is there any mechanism to skip these kind of senario in the jobs and let the job run and complete with a warning message that the table which was dropped was not found or something similar?

Any help in this matter is highly appreciated !!!

Thanks & Best Regards,

Danish

Teradata Employee

Hi ,

I am using stats manager for autostats. I try with three databases scope for this at first time.When i ran the analyze job i got the error :

Unable to synchronize SystemId: 2 | id: 4 with Teradata on 'AnalyzeJob:5'!

Analyze job getting data from PDCRDATA. i try to run it but everytime i am getting this error.

can anybody  help on this.

Thanks - Sandeep.

Fan

Hi Shrity,

We're trying to disable the thresholds for a number of objects.

Is there a way to script this?

Vpt seems to only allow 1 object at a time.

Enjoyed your article!

Greg

Can we have Teradata Managed Servers running on OS SLES 11 and database nodes running on OS SLES 10? Is there a compatibility matrix available?

Teradata Employee

Danish,

That's a good suggestion. Please open a help ticket for the same.

Thanks

Shrity

Teradata Employee

Greg,

There is no script available to disable thresholds.. :-(

Thanks

Shrity

Teradata Employee

Suryadevara,

Viewpoint TMS doesn't support SLES 11 yet. You can work with your CSR to get compatibility matrix.

Thanks

Shrity