Unable to connect -- Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost.

Viewpoint

Unable to connect -- Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost.

I'm working with the TDExpress15.10.0.7_Sles11_40GB_vp on VMware.   Everything but Viewpoint is working just fine.   I've run "start Viewpoint"  (also stop and start a few times).   Whenever I start up Firefox, I get the message I reference.   Has anyone else run into this problem?

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Unable to connect -- Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost.

I am facing the same issue. Would be great if someone has a solution.

Teradata Employee

Re: Unable to connect -- Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost.

Since this question is specific to Teradata Express, it probably belongs in the Cloud Computing forum.

In this VM, the portal server is configured to use port 9080.

http://localhost:9080

Enthusiast

a life saver, never in a million years would have figured this one out, thanks!!!

Enthusiast

Ha!  Just found this link...  after I figured it out after some time.  Not sure but the initial start up scripts resulted in lost of WARN and ERROR in the viewpoint.log file.   Initially I was seeing a 14.10 version of Viewpoint in the FF web page.  I think it just may have been cached or perhaps it was loading the portal app from an old setup....     Never confirmed.  Past it.  Finally used curl -i command and netstat -plan to FIO-it.