Viewpoint 16.00

Viewpoint
Enthusiast

Viewpoint 16.00

Hi all,

With the previous community site there was a beautiful post every time a Viewpoint major/minor version was released. However for Viewpoint 16.00 there is none and the standard documentation is describing in excruciating detail the functionalities. But there is no release notes or whats new section...

So does someone know that has changed between Viewpoint 15.11 and 16.00?

Regards, Johannes Vink

6 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Viewpoint 16.00

Viewpoint 16.00 highlights:

Teradata Database 16.00 support

• TASM

• Space Usage updates

• Stats Manager updates

• Query Monitoring updates

Viewpoint 16.0 updates

• Lock Viewer updates
  • PDCR updates
  • Clustered Viewpoint Failover and Fallback

Teradata QueryGrid™ management and monitoring

Presto Monitoring

Enthusiast

Great, thanks! No major changes, but still a gradual development. I'll check what the dependencies are, in TAYS I've found the version compatability Excel.

Enthusiast

Hi gryback,

Can you advise if there is any additional workload management features in Viewpoint 16.00 for use with Teradata Appliances, in particular 2850 running on SLES 11 and RDBMS 15.10?

Teradata Employee

A couple of comments.

First off as we stay pretty much in-line with the Teradata DB releases, new Teradata DB 15.10 features are almost always exposed in the associated Viewpoint version, that being Viewpoint 15.10. So asking about what may be in Viewpoint 16.00 specific to Teradata DB 15.10 is usually going to be "nothing new" as the Teradata DB 15.10 features have already been release aligned with Viewpoint 15.10.

With Viewpoint 16.00, we did introduce support for Flex Throttles based on two events being  "Available ATWs" and "CPU utilization". However as mentioned above, these new workload management aspects require Teradata DB 16.00 as well as Viewpoint 16.00.  They are also only offered as part of the TASM implementation.

Enthusiast

Hi, thanks for the response. I was more interested if there were more Workload Management options available for a 2850 Appliance. Previoulsy we were very limited on workload options for our 2650 Appliance.

Given that SuSE 11 alone has introduced resource management, I was wondering if any these can be used through Viewpoint on a 2850 Appliance.

Teradata Employee

Appliance default workload management is TIWM (Teradata Integrated Workload Management) versus the larger workload management feature set in TASM. The new features with Viewpoint / Teradata DB 16.00 were TASM features so not able to leverage those with a Teradata DB 15.10 Appliance.