Hello all Teradata Gurus
Your assistance is really appreciated.
1. I downloaded the VM for TD 15.0 on SLES 11 with Viewpoint.
2. I started Viewpoint services
3. I logged into the Viewpoint using the default user credentials
Username : admin
Password : teradata
4. In the settings I added a monitored system named TDExp_1 and entered the general system details as follows
TDPID : localhost
SiteID : localhost
Enabled the system
Enabled all authentication options
Selected time zone
and left all other options as default.
I saved the settings for the monitored system.
4. I added the data labs portlet and tried to connect using the same defaul admin user.
5. I cannot login and it mentions that userid, password or account is invalid.
6. I checked all of the following options to see if I made any mistake
- Enabled the data labs portlet for the default admin user
- Reset the default admin password.
- Checked all authentication settings
I have exhausted all the options and cannot figure out what the hell did I miss.
When logging into Data Labs, you need to provide credentials for the Teradata Database, not Viewpoint. So try dbc/dbc assuming you haven't changed the default database password.