Viewpoint has run out of space

Viewpoint
Enthusiast

Viewpoint has run out of space

My Teradata Viewpoint has run out of space. We saw that the all the space on the VM has been filled up by Viewpoint and so it will not even come up any more. Is there anyway of "deleting" from the postgress datbase so we can reclaim some space and get it up and running? After a shutdown and startup we are getting the following message. Any clues of how we can perform some viewpoint data cleanup outside of viewpoint (as we are not able to bring it back up) and get it going again?

CRITICAL: Disk Free Monitor: 104 #Filesystem "/var/opt/teradata" has only 22G of space available. This filesystem requires 34G for OS or Teradata dumps

6 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Viewpoint has run out of space

What type of VM Viewpoint are you using exactly? Is this a VMS Viewpoint or Teradata Express Viewpoint or something else? 

Enthusiast

Gary,

It is an Express ViewPoint. Using the Virtual Machine download and the viewpoint in there. I had played with a lot of setting and did not purge the data and hence got filled. Any ideas?

Teradata Employee

You can try removing log files in /var/opt/teradata/viewpoint/dcs/logs and /var/opt/teradata/viewpoint/portal/logs.  There also might be lots of database logs you can clean up, but I'm not sure what those might be.  

Enthusiast

Thanks Steve. I will give that a try. Any other ideas anybody?

Enthusiast

We tried the cleaning up of the logs directory mentioned above but that did not do it as that folder did have space. It looks like the \data one is filling up and that is where Postgres is writing to? Any other ideas?

Teradata Employee

You can remove the PostgreSQL log files for the Viewpoint database:

rm /data/viewpointdb/pg_log/*

Then try to start up Viewpoint and see if you can change your data retention settings for your data collectors in the Admin Monitored Systems portlet.