Viewpoint initiation: creation of multiple users

Viewpoint

Viewpoint initiation: creation of multiple users

Hi gurus,

I have a group of users who only need to monitor their queries via Viewpoint. They may see each other's queries, they would not have "abort session" rights anyway.

I see 2 possible solutions:

• one generic VP user for all of them, asociated with all of their Teradata users. Can multiple sessions be connected with a single VP user or they would be treading on each other's toes?
  • create a VP user for each one of them, assign it the right role and configure the portlets to make it look as they expect. This would be at least 1 day of very boring activity. Is there a way to speed things up? Maybe generate a script and run it on the VP server? I'm just trying to avoid a series of mouse-clicks that would have to be done 100 times over and over.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers,

Tomas

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Viewpoint initiation: creation of multiple users

To see their own queries, they should be using the My Queries portlet. If you want a group of users to see each others queries but not all queries on the system, then you should setup a Query Group which are configured in the Admin menu. Query groups was released in Viewpoint 13.12 so refer to the release article for more information:

http://developer.teradata.com/viewpoint/articles/teradata-viewpoint-13-12-released

Re: Viewpoint initiation: creation of multiple users

thanks for sharing the article it was really a helpful one to understand the my queries portlet