Writing queries on the tables in the viewpoint server

Viewpoint
Enthusiast

Writing queries on the tables in the viewpoint server

Hi,

Is there any way to query on the tables in the viewpoint server? For instance, I want to query about histrorical table space information which I see with the capacity heatmap in the viewpoint.

Can I write these kind of queries by myself with the use of viewpoint server?

Thanks.
6 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Writing queries on the tables in the viewpoint server

No, there is no way to query the Viewpoint server's database directly.  All access to the data today is through Java APIs that are part of the PDK.

Thanks, Steve

Enthusiast

Steve, thanks for your answer.

Teradata Employee

However the majority of portlets do offer the export feature so that any information displayed in the portlet can be pulled out of Viewpoint. The export for the metrics portlets (Capacity Heatmap, Metrics Graph, Metrics Analysis, Viewpoint monitoring) was introduced with the Viewpoint 14.01 release. So you should be able to get the information you want.

Teradata Employee

Is there a way to do a lump-sum export?  Going metric by metric is a lot of work!

Teradata Employee

Metrics Analysis allows for multiple metrics within a single system or across multiple systems to be viewed in a single portlet view. As such, the export of a Metrics Analysis fully populated metrics display will act as a lump sum of all those metrics in that view via a single operation. 

Enthusiast

Is it still possible to create custom portlets utilizing the PDK @stever mentioned, that can leverage the viewpoint UI framework but query organization specific data tables?