data incorrect in one of column of my table

Viewpoint

data incorrect in one of column of my table

i have one table for teradata.one of column for that table is 'rspn_answr_txt'.it is defind rspn_answr_txt VARCHAR(2000) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC.Due to this user is not getting vadlid data.he request to change it to  CHARACTER SET UNICODE.I have attched the values in the table fo that column.let me know what is the incorrect data in that column

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: data incorrect in one of column of my table

Not sure how this relates to Viewpoint ... seems more appropriate for a Teradata DB forum posting.

Enthusiast

Re: data incorrect in one of column of my table

It has nothing to do with Viewpoint.

How was the data laoded and what was the source . Can you compare the data against the source file or You should  ask the user " what is wrong with this data" What response he was expecting for  a particular row Vs the reported response?

Its hard to tell you what is wrong with this data -If you share "Expected" Vs "Actual" then  it wil lbe more clear.    

It could be Should not have NULLs , Numbers timestamps etc -  Does the user complained about Data / records is truncated ?  Wrong File is being loaded to table?  Some issue with Special Char etc .  Please get the specific concern .