"Holes" in Viewpoint Capacity Heatmap data

Viewpoint

"Holes" in Viewpoint Capacity Heatmap data

I can display a 1- or 3-month heatmap with various metrics chosen.  However, I get "holes" in the output/heatmap.  One seems consistent through many metrics: it is the 3/11/2012 1:00 AM - 3:00 AM block.  The others are 3/5/2012 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM block and same date, but 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM block.  The first block opens another question: Why does it indicate a two -hour range?  The block immediately above this one also reports 1:00 AM - 3:00 AM, but blocks above and below report only one hour ranges.  Bottom line are two questions:

1. Why the holes in data at all?

2. Why the two-hr reported range in two of the blocks?

I have some screen captures of sample heatmaps with data "bubbles" I could share if this would help.

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: "Holes" in Viewpoint Capacity Heatmap data

For the empty block on 3/5, I would guess Viewpoint was unable to collect data during that time.  Maybe the Teradata system being monitored or Viewpoint itself was down for maintenance?  Maybe there was some other collection error that was preventing a particular set of metrics from being collected?

For the empty block on 3/12, that's from the daylight savings time change.  The second block labeled 1 AM - 3 AM (which is empty), represents the missed hour of 2 AM - 3 AM (there are only 23 hours in the day of 3/12).  The first block labeled 1 AM - 3 AM (which contains data), represents 1 AM - 2 AM.  Since 2 AM doesn't actually exist, the date calculations leave us with the somewhat confusing label of 1 AM - 3 AM for both blocks.

Hope that helps!

Re: "Holes" in Viewpoint Capacity Heatmap data

I should have thought of the DST thing, but that explains it for the later block.  Spot on in both cases; there was also a service interruption on 3/5.  Thanks!