TPT Error while loading from Oracle ORA-01555

Applications
Applications covers the world of Teradata apps, including apps offered by Teradata (such as TRM or DCM), as well as best practices and methodologies for building your own Teradata-connected apps.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

TPT Error while loading from Oracle ORA-01555

Greetings!

We are experiencing some sort of Oracle time out while using TPT, and extracting data from Oracle and load to TD.

The same job runs okay for a smaller dataset however it fails every now and then for huge data.

Error details:

ODBC_OPERATOR: TPT17101: Fatal error received from ODBC driver:

STATE=HY000, CODE=1555,

MSG='[TPT][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver][Oracle]ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 700 with name "_SYSSMU700_xxxxxxxxxx$" too small'

Is this due to the fact that Oracle Commit is not happening sooner?  If so is there a way to force TPT to perform Commit and let Oracle know about active session while reading and not pretending to be idle? 

I looked on the TPT commit however I am not able to see any parameter that I can force to change the session to do frequent commit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: TPT Error while loading from Oracle ORA-01555

It's that other transactions have done too many commits while you were trying to do consistent read.

You can Google search for this code to find a more complete explanation and suggestions on how to get around this. You'll probably need to work with your Oracle DBA.