Aster_function load_from_teradata

Aster
Not applicable

Re: Aster_function load_from_teradata

I am having an issue can you please help?  Can you tell me how to call the TDPID, username/password from logon file?  For instance I need to replace the hard code with a parameter file with the TDPID, username/password list in the file.

CREATE TABLE mr_driver( c1 INT)

DISTRIBUTE BY HASH (c1) ;

CREATE TABLE td_calendar DISTRIBUTE BY HASH(day_of_calendar) AS SELECT

* FROM load_from_teradata(

ON mr_driver -- empty Aster mr_driver table

TDPID('myTD') -- Teradata hostname

USERNAME('myUser')

PASSWORD('myPassword')

NUM_INSTANCES('2')

QUERY('SELECT * FROM sys_calendar.calendar')

);

Enthusiast

I have about 800gb data sitting on HDFS that I am trying to get to Aster. Till yet the only way I found is to use  Aster Loader tools to  directly suck it from HDFS or land those files at a mount point and load to Aster but the time taken is far too much  .  Is there any way to optimize the loading -  in terms of

-- table DDL - the hash distribution part . In TD we could create a No PI table that will be  like a huge storage bag and we can  process the next step from there - how about Aster - could the distibution step be taking time, how about if we say - replicated table - would that help change some of the timings

-- Load methodoloy : BOMK - I dont think we could have a SQL function or some ODBC / JDBC driven method thats comparable to what the loader gives. 

Dieter  - what would you say are some other avenues to explore .

TYSM

Sam

Teradata Employee

HI QI.YOU,

I was going through your post and i am facing the same issue.My aster is also running on virtual machine,one Vm for Queen and one VM for Worker and one for TD.I am not able to reach Td from aster queen.It is giving me message "Network Unreachable".

Can you please help me how you solved your network issue problem and conncted aster database with Teradata.Thanks in advance for the help.!

Alekh