JDBC Select Query not returning the correct character set
I have just complete some testing with a application I have made using the JDBC teradata driver. However, when I read from my resultset it appears that I lose non standard characters such as (± ¼ »). These are typically used within xml which is what I am also retrieving from the database, and they return as question marks, with an int value of 65533. The values themselves are correctly shown in Teradata SQL assistant. I have also tried creating a mysql database, which I could return the same characters from successfully. The only thing I can put it down to is the teradata driver, textformatting, or possibly my tables.
Here is the column setup if it helps: discussion_description VARCHAR(100) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC)